1/1 Photo of Dal With Spinach and Yoghurt
I completely love this dal - it is so flavoursome and creamy and delicious! It's also my husband's favourite at the moment, so while the recipe makes a good amount, it tends to vanish quite quickly... I use channa dal to make this - feel free to use your dal of choice, but you would need to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse lentils and soak for 20 mins or so.
- 2In a large saucepan, bring stock to a boil and stir in salt, lentils, turmeric and chili powder. Cover and return to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes. Stir in the spinach and cook for 5 minutes uncovered, or until lentils are soft (time will depend on type of lentils used).
- 3Use a potato masher or a fork to mash the dal to get your desired consistancy; simmer for another few minutes to thicken up.
- 4While lentils are cooking, heat ghee and cook onion with curry powder, cumin and mustard seeds over very low head til caramelized – around 20 minutes. Combine with lentils, stir in garam masala and yoghurt.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dal With Spinach and Yoghurt
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 393.2
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 25.1 mg
- Sodium 687.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.1 g
- Sugars 11.4 g
- Protein 18.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: