Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this and want to keep safe for future use. NO idea how much this makes, but let me assure you that will be figured out. This is Buddhist cuisine.
- 300 g spinach, washed, cleaned and chopped
- 100 g mung dal, soaked overnight
- 5 -6 green chilies, deseeded, if used mildly
- 4 tablespoons sweet corn (fresh or canned)
- 1 medium carrot, washed, scraped and cut in thin strips
- 1 scallion, sliced thinly
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut in small diamonds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil (for cooking)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried herbs (optional)
- Blend the spinach and dal together in a mixer/blender.
- Add some water to obtain pouring consistency. Put oil in a non-stick frying pan and pour the batter and spread it out evenly as thinly as possible to make a pancake. Cook on medium heat, turning gently with a wooden spatula.
- Remove to a plate when set.
- Lightly sauté the vegetables in the same pan after plunging these in a pan of salted boiling water for 30 seconds. (NOTE:The tomatoes and bell peppers don't require this treatment.)
- Add the herbs, if required.
- Place a small amount of filling comprising boiled vegetables in the centre and fold in medium-sized packets.
- Serve with the remaining herbed vegetables of choice.