1/1 Photo of Dal - Lentils With Curry
A filling and flavourful side dish with an easy ingredient list...I love it. Keeps well, reheats well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add onion and saute until almost tender, then add garlic and ginger, stirring until fragrant.
- 2Add curry powder and stir for one minute.
- 3Add lentils and stir, then add stock and bring to a boil.
- 4Reduce heat to lowest setting and simmer for 20 to 45 minutes, until lentils are very soft, adding more stock if necessary. Watch carefully and stir, so it doesn't burn on the bottom. Lentils should be mushy.
- 5Add salt and pepper and cilantro,if using, and enjoy.
- 6To serve as a soup add additional stock and other cooked vegetables such as peas and carrots. Cooked chicken may also be added.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dal - Lentils With Curry
Serving Size: 1 (59 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 204.1
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 12.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: