Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Serve with jeera rice or parathas
Make and share this Dal Gosht recipe from Food.com.
- 250 g skinless chicken
- 150 g channa dal
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons ginger-garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 fresh tomatoes
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 5 cardamom pods
- 1 teaspoon jeera powder
- 5 green chilies
- 1 tablespoon green chili paste
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garam masala
- chopped coriander leaves, for garnishing
- 1 small onion (sliced)
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 lemon
- Boil meat in 2 cups water, half of ginger, garlic paste and salt, until tender.
- Boil dal seperately in little water and salt. The dal should be mushy.
- Take oil in pan ,add whole spices, and green chillies,when they splutter add onions and fry till golden brown.
- Peel and chop the tomatoes, add to the onions .add tomato puree, remaining ginger ,garlic paste, turmeric powder and salt. Braise for 10 mins on medium heat.
- Add meat ( the soup ) dal and cover and cook for 15 mins on low heat,till all spices blend properly with meat.
- Open the cover , add soup , garam masala pwd and lemon.
- Cook for few mins on low heat .
- Garnish with chopped corriander.