Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 5 cups water
- 2 cups lentils, stones picked out and rinse well 3 times
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- Put on high heat and cover for 15 minutes stirring every 5 minutes.
- After 15 minutes put on low heat and add 1 large kitchen spoon of olive oil and 1 tbs of garam masala simmer for 5 minutes.
- Good on basmati rice.
- Great side for curried chicken or beef.
- Can be frozen for a later date.
This smelled amazing while it was cooking. Followed the directions exactly, except right at the end when I used a hand blender to semi-blend the dal to give it a slightly creamy texture. We had this with a sag aloo (spinach and potato) curry, poppadums and chutney. Great vegetarian meal!