Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
Bread pudding with warm caramel sauce - delicious!!
Make and share this Dakota Bread Pudding recipe from Food.com.
- Cut bread in 1-inch cubes and spread in a shallow baking pan. Cover loosely and let dry overnight.
- Beat eggs, milk, sugar, cream, and vanilla together.
- In a large bowl, combine bread cubes and raisins. Pour milk mixture over bread and stir until bread is soaked with milk mixture. Pour into a well greased 9 x 13 pan. Cover with foil and bake at 325 for 1 hour or until set.
- CARAMEL SAUCE:.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the ingredients for the sauce, except vanilla. Cook over medium-high heat until it boils, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Serve over pudding or store in refrigerator up to 7 days.
- MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS:.
- Combine all ingredients for sauce except vanilla in a 4-cup measuring cup. Cook on High for 3-4 minutes until it boils, then add vanilla.