Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Hearty whole grain bread.
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup oatmeal
- 1⁄4 wheat germ
- 1⁄4 rye flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 cups bread flour
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons yeast (1 pkg)
- Combine egg, honey, salt, oil and cottage cheese and set aside until it is room temp.
- Combine water and yeast until frothy, mix in with rye& wheat flours, oatmeal& wheat germ and egg mixture.
- Add in bread flour 1/2 cup at a time.
- Roll into a ball, spray with non-stick spray and sprinkled with corn meal (the dough should not be sticky, so additional bread flour may be necessary).
- Place in pie-pan that has been sprayed with non-stick spray& corn meal.
- Cover with plastic wrap& let rise until it doubles in size, remove plastic wrap and bake 30 minutes at 350.