Recipe by Dakota Al
A Rich, creamy delicious cheesecake that will have you friends begging for more.
- 2 cups chocolate graham crackers, crumbled
- 14 ounces caramels
- 1 cup pecans, toasted chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temp
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 5 ounces evaporated milk
- 16 ounces cream cheese, at room temp
- 1⁄2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, ¼ C of chopped pecans, and butter. Press onto the bottom and ½” up the side of a 9” spring form pan. Bake at 350 deg for 10 minutes. In a sauce pan. Melt the caramels with milk over low heat until smooth. Pour over baked crust, and top with remaining pecans. In an electric mixer, on medium speed, combine the cream cheese, vanilla & sugar, until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each egg, but do not over beat. Add melted chocolate, and blend until mixed well. Pour over pecan layer. Bake at 350 deg for 40 minutes. Loosen cake from rim immediately after removing from oven to avoid cracking. Cool before removing rim. Chill at least 2 hours or overnight before serving.
- Tip: Cheesecake is done when there is no shine left in the center when baking.