Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A down home cooked salisbury steaks with mushroom gravy. Taste like Grandma made it. Easy to make and doesn't take much time or effort. TRy it, I know you'l love it!!!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sherry wine or 1⁄2 tablespoon white wine
- 1 ounce Lipton Onion Soup Mix, 1/2 standard pkt (2.5 T)
- 1 ounce mushroom stems and pieces, from 6 . 5 oz can minced (1 T)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 1⁄2 ounces mushroom stems and pieces, from 5 . 5 oz from 6 . 5 oz can
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine or 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water, Cold
- Mix all of the “A” ingredients together and form into 4 oval patties, about 3/8” – ½” thick. Pan fry or grill these until browned but not cooked all the way. I use a George Foreman type grill. While the patties are cooking, get out a large skillet w/ cover. Make sure not to overcook the patties, remove from heating source and set aside. Mix all of the “B” ingredients together to form your sauce; can be mixed right in the pan if you like. Heat the sauce up on medium-high until boiling, reduce heat to med-low, add the beef patties to the sauce, use spoon to put some sauce on each patty. Cover and let simmer for 10 minutes. If you like your sauce thicker, after the 10 minutes remove patties to a plate, increase heat to med-high, mix ingredients “C” and add to bubbling sauce mixing well. This will thicken the sauce, this step is optional based upon preference. Once mixed thoroughly, add patties back into the sauce. Reduce heat to a simmer once more, cover, and let cook for another 10-15 minutes. Makes 4 patties and plenty of sauce. Serve with mashed potatoes & a veggie for a complete meal. Now dig in and taste the taste of home cooking.
A very easy and savory recipe! My family liked it a lot and will be a repeat. The only adaptation I would make is to reduce the amount of salt based on the onion soup mix used. The gravy is very good on both rice and potatoes. Two thumbs up!
This was easy and quick to prepare plus very delicious. I found I did not have to thicken the sauce. Thanks for a great recipe!!