Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
If you love spicy Korean food this recipe is for you! I cook the chicken and sauce down until it is thick and rich. You can get the Korean red pepper paste in most all Asian Markets. I marinate the chicken in the same saucepan I use to cook it in. Cooking time does not include marinating overnight.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken, cubed
- 4 green onions, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 3 -5 tablespoons korean red pepper paste (Gochu jang)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Mix chicken with all ingredients except water in a saucepan. Let marinate 1-8 hours or overnight.
- Mix in water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 35-45 minutes. Stir occasionally. Serve with rice.
This was very good and simple. We have tried other chicken bulgoki recipes and this was much simpler. We also agree that this was great for leftovers.
THIS IS SOOOOOOOO GOOD. It's even tastier after a night in the refrigerator as left overs. Thank you for sharing this recipe.
I have never tried a recipe like this before because I thought it would be too hot and spicy for me. Too my surprise, it was so delicious and the chicken was so tender. We had it over Korean sticky rice with mandu on the side. This is a keeper!!!