Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 mins
My sister Daisy taught me this when I first got married. It's so creamy and great as a quick meal or an appetizer. I won second place at our local Spam cookoff with this a few years ago.
- 1 (16 ounce) can Spam, grated fine
- 10 slices American cheese, grated fine, just layer them to grate
- 1 small onion, grated fine about 1/4 cup
- 1 green pepper, grated fine skin may not grate, throw it away
- 8 slices white bread, as many as needed
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Place about 2 TBS on a piece of bread and spread with a fork to the crust. Be sure to push it down on the edges so they don't burn.
- Broil or put in a toaster oven until all melty and golden brown.
- Cut piece in fours for appetizers or in half for open-faced sandwiches.
Made these up for lunch today and this makes a lot so I'll be using the rest as a filler in tomorrow's omelet. It was a definite change from the old grilled ham and cheese sandwich. Made for PAC Fall 2007.