Recipe by Sarah_Jayne
Another recipe from the 1980 version of the Grace Evangelical Congregational Church cookbook from Muir, Pennsylvania that was given to me by my Nana when I became an adult. This recipe was submitted to the cookbook by my late Grandfather and my two older male cousins. I remember them cooking this one summer when Nana taught all of the cousins how to 'cook' and we made our own family cookbook. Daisy refers to Daisy Duck and I think the recipe came from a magazine. The page the recipe came from is framed on my Nana's kitchen wall.
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 1⁄4 lb chocolate, grated
- 1 tablespoon butter, heaping
- 1 lb powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- First, beat the egg in a bowl using an egg beater. Add vanilla and cream.
- Next, melt butter with chocolate in a boiler over very low heat.
- Pour the melted mixture into the bowl.
- Stir in the powdered sugar very thoroughly.
- Press the fudge into a buttered pan and put in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Then it is ready to cut into squares.