Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Traditional indian salad with daisies.
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup bulgur
- 1 small cucumber
- 1 ripe tomatoes
- 2 cups oxeye daisy leaves, chopped
- 1 cup parsley, chopped
- 6 mint leaves, chopped
- olive oil
- lemon juice
- daisy petals
- Boil water with a pinch of salt.
- Add bulgur, cover and cook over very low heat until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Rinse bulgur under cold running water and drain.
- Peel cucumber. Dice cucumber and tomato.
- Add to bulgur
- Add parsley and mint. Drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Chill at least 2 hours.
- Just before serving toss in daisy petals.