each fall, I use these with pork chops, pork roast - whatever. They are wonderful, and so easy to make, from my Grandma Daisy's kitchen.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add apples.
- Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
- (If you're using sweet apples, like Delicious, Fuji or Gala, add the lemon juice. For tart apples, like Jonathans, omit it.) Stir until apples are blended with sugar/cinnamon.
- Cover and cook for approx 15-20 minutes, frequently stirring gently.
- Serve them warm, right on the pork chop or pork roast. They also double for a dessert dish served over vanilla ice cream.
I had them with vanilla yogurt and they were great. I also served them with a pork roast Thanks Bergy
We really liked these. I used brown sugar since it didn't specify and brown sugar just sounded better. We put Cool Whip on top (upside down from the apples on ice cream others were trying but it worked really well for non-ice cream eaters!). We had a pork stew for dinner and this apple recipe was a nice way to polish off the meal.
Great little side dish ! We really enjoyed these apples and will be making them often !!! I can't wait to try them with pork chops !