Recipe by Nana Lee
A fast and easy breakfast or side-dish. Full of protein and tasty! To save time, use a packet of dried Hollandaise Sauce mix.
- 6 slices favorite whole wheat bread, cut into six 4 inch rounds
- 6 eggs, carefully separated
- hollandaise sauce
- 6 parsley sprigs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut 4" rounds from bread and place on non-stick baking sheet.
- Whip egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Portion and mound beaten egg whites over bread rounds.
- Using the back of a spoon form a hollow in the center (top) of each mound.
- Place yolk of egg in the hollow. Bake in oven for about 10-15 minutes until yolk is set and white is lightly browned.
- Be careful not to overcook; the yolk should be firm.
- Remove from oven and place on serving dish.
- Use a packet of dried Hollandaise mix to make the sauce.
- Drizzle Hollandaise sauce over the top and garnish with a dash of paprika.
- Create a stem to your "daisy" with the parsley sprig, or chop parsley and sprinkle atop.
- Serve for breakfast or as a fancy side dish to accompany fresh poached fish.