Recipe by Happy Hobbit
I saw this great tip on Daisy Cooks! with Daisy Martinez. I love garlic, and roasted garlic I really love.
Top Review by DEEP
Happy: I have eaten this same dish for year. So I'm going to go ahead and rate it. On a cold winter night or day, not only does it warm up the house, it fills it full of roasting aromas garlic. I fell in love with it some time ago in a restaurant in Maine. The thing they did that was just recalling was they also served a bowl of olive oil that was garlic infused....plus a basket of slices of baguette for dipping. You just dipped and squeezed the almost jello like garlic on the bread (I rarely go to the bother.....I'm just happy to get them out of the oven and have nothing left 10 mins later. I usually just go with the recipe you posted. I'm just a garlic lover. It's a KEEPER! Regards, DEEP
- 1 whole head of garlic (I usually make several at the time)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, for each garlic bulb
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350°F.
- Remove the dry outer paper layer from garlic bulbs and cut off the top 0.5 cm (1/4 inch) of the bulb.
- Place garlic bulbs on individual pieces of aluminum foil and drizzle each bulb with olive oil.
- Wrap bulbs in foil and cook in oven for 1 hour at 350 degrees.
- When the bulbs cool off enough to be handled, just squeeze the garlic cloves out.
- You can make a batch of 4-5 bulbs and keep cloves refrigerated in a closed container for a couple of weeks.