Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Very few ingredients, but this bundt cake is a cholesterol nightmare! But really...who cares if it tastes good? This gets frosted with lemony glaze. YUMMMY!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 9 egg yolks (I told you it was bad!)
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 -2 tablespoon warm water
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Generously grease and flour a bundt pan.
- In a large mixer bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg yolks one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Blend in lemon extract. Add remaining ingredients. Blend at low speed just until thoroughly combined, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour batter into pan. Bake for 55-60 minutes or until top springs back when touched lightly in the center. Cool 30 minutes; remove from pan. Cool completely and drizzle with glaze.
- For glaze: In a small bowl, place the extract and powdered sugar; stir in only enough water to make proper drizzling consistency.
PS on my previous review--subbed vanilla extract for lemon & used Splenda!!!