Recipe by sandybrown68
Daisy Brand Ad
Top Review by sara.richmond
I have been making this quiche for years now. It is one of my favorites. My kids like it too. I have always skipped the 1st step. (Baking it the 8 minutes first and then the extra 5) I have had great results with just starting with the uncooked pie crust and baking it all at once. Yummy!
- 1 pie crust, unbaked
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons red bell peppers, diced
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 16 ounces sour cream, divided
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 1⁄2 cups swiss cheese, grated
- 1 cup mild cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Line pie crust with foil and bake at 450°F for 8 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake an additional 5 minutes until crust is set and dry.
- Remove and reduce oven to 350°F.
- Saute onions and peppers in butter until soft. Combine with eggs, 8 oz. of sour cream, bacon, cheeses and salt and pepper. Pour into pie crust.
- Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes or until center is set.
- Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
- Top with dollop of sour cream.