1 hr 20 mins
Chef #758501's Note:
A Lactose Free alternative to regular Banana Bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 125 g butter (Diary-Free, Nuttelex, Willow Run etc)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups wholemeal self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 2/3 cup banana (Very ripe, mashed)
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1Preheat the oven to moderate (180C). Grease a 14cm x 21cm x 7cm loaf tin and line the base with baking paper.
- 2Combine the butter, 1 cup sugar, eggs, flour, 1/2 cup coconut, banana and orange juice in a bowl and beat with electric beaters on low until well combined. Increase the speed to medium and beat for about 2 minutes more, or until the mixture is smooth and has changed colour.
- 3In a seperate bowl combine all the ingredients for the nut mixture.
- 4Spoon half the banana bread mixture into the tin.
- 5Sprinkle with half the nut mixture. Top with the remaining cake mixture, smooth the surface and sprinkle with the remaining nut mixture.
- 6Bake for 1 hour, or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted in the centre.
- 7Tip: you may need to cover the cake loosely with foil during cooking if the top starts to brown too much.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dairy Lactose Free Banana Nut Loaf Bread
Serving Size: 1 (82 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 267.9
- Calories from Fat 148
- Total Fat 16.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 90.1 mg
- Sodium 113.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 27.0 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
wholemeal self-rising flour