Recipe by Hayley_11
I found this recipe in a Super Food Ideas magazine...it's so colourful, very yum and is a good healthy meal. Hope you enjoy!
- 300 g spiral pasta
- 250 g broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 200 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (425 g) can tuna, drained
- 80 g margarine
- 1⁄2 cup plain flour
- 4 cups soymilk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, extra
- 3 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 3 anchovies, finely chopped
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200°C (or 180°C fan forced).
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the pasta and cook according to the packet directions.
- In the last 2 minutes of cooking the pasta, add the broccoli. Drain and place back into the pot.
- Heat the oil in a large fry pan and add the mushrooms. Sauté for 5 minutes or until softened. Add to the pasta mixture.
- Stir the tomatoes and tuna into the pasta mixture.
- Melt the margarine in a medium saucepan over a medium-high heat. Add the flour and cook, stirring, until the mixture is bubbling. Gradually stir in the milk and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until thickened and smooth.
- Stir the sauce into the pasta mixture and mix well to combine. Spoon into a large baking dish.
- Heat the extra oil in a fry pan and cook the garlic and anchovies until fragrant. Add the breadcrumbs, stirring to combine.
- Spread the breadcrumb mixture evenly over the pasta mixture.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden and heated through.