Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The best birthday present I’ve had in recent years is my super cool gelato machine. We can have the best gelato ever in usually 30 minutes. No pre-freezing of bowls, no salt or ice required. And we can do it again after a 5 minute rest for the machine (about the time it takes to serve up, wash the bowl, and mix up more gelato). We also discovered that most of the best recipes are between 3-5 ingredients. Oh, and one IMPORTANT tip: You can swap sugar for almost any sugar substitute but generally you want to use HALF the amount of sugar substitute (xylitol, erythritol) for any frozen dessert. I don’t know why but I picked that tip up when I did my initial recipe search and I can confirm that forgetting to half the sugar creates something mostly inedible.
- Peel mango and remove from the seed.
- Puree mango in a food processor. (We keep it chunky but blend as much as you want. ).
- Add all the other ingredients. (A splash of some complementary alcohol will keep the gelato from sticking to the freezer bowl but is entirely optional.).
- Scoop the mixture into the gelato bowl and turn it on.
- Gelato should be ready in about 20-30 minutes.
- Portion out the gelato and sprinkle the chocolate chips on top. (Well, some of us enjoy the chips. Others prefer their gelato without the distraction of chocolate.).