Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This "ice cream" replacer is much healthier for you than regular ice cream. No saturated fat or cholesterol, and low in calories. I found this recipe in Vegetarian Times. Time doesn't include the 4 hours to freeze peaches if using fresh peaches, and it does not include time to freeze the "ice cream" after blending if you choose to do so.
- 4 cups fresh peaches or 1 lb frozen peaches, sliced
- 1 cup light vanilla soymilk
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- If using fresh peaches, spread slices in baking dish, and freeze 4 hours or until firm.
- Place peaches and remaining ingredients in food processor, and blend until smooth. Serve immediately or freeze up to 30 minutes first for firmer texture.
This is one of my favorite quick desserts. I substituted mangoes instead of peaches and used 1/2 cup of brown sugar. SO GOOD.
I made this ice cream using fresh peaches and it came out wonderfully. I put the ice cream in the freezer overnight and it came out with a smooth and creamy consistency. The only change I'll make next time is to use only half of the brown sugar because I think that will bring out the flavor of the peaches even more. Thanks for posting this delicious and low-cholesterol recipe!
Great Peach Ice Cream! At first I used 4 fresh peaches, 1/2c packed sugar plus 6 sugar sub sachets,processed and tasted it and it was too sweet.Looking back at the recipe,realized it was asking for 4 cups of peaches and not 4 pieces.Ugh,opened some canned peaches,froze them for an hour along with the mix then processed them again.30 mins wasn't enough to freeze them,neither was an hour so I froze them overnight and checked it in the morning.Voila!Perfect taste with fruit tidbits in it.I'm glad I didn't add more sugar in it as I'm watching it and it is already sweet and I'll probably use more sugar sub next time and less brown one so I wouldn't have to feel guilty much about eating this delightful dessert.But that's just for my own health preference.Thanks!