Recipe by Enjolinfam
This "ice cream" replacer is much healthier for you than regular ice cream. No saturated fat or cholesterol, and low in calories. I found this recipe in Vegetarian Times. Time doesn't include the 4 hours to freeze peaches if using fresh peaches, and it does not include time to freeze the "ice cream" after blending if you choose to do so.
- 4 cups fresh peaches or 1 lb frozen peaches, sliced
- 1 cup light vanilla soymilk
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt