Recipe by alisaundre_8259944
Got a craving for some mashed potatoes but can't have dairy? We reconstructed our family favorite with the fingerling potatoes and coconut cream. The coconut cream gives you the same creamy taste you get from standby dairy-based mashed potatoes. Add some roasted garlic or chopped chives and bacon to really kick it up.
- 10 small fingerling potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 1⁄4 cup coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon Earth Balance whipped spread
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop potatoes into even chunks and boil in a covered pot in lightly salted water.
- When potatoes are tender when poked with a fork, drain water.
- Add chicken broth, coconut cream, Earth Balance.
- Mash with hand masher or immersion blender.
- Salt and pepper to taste.