Recipe by I'mPat
From super Food Ideas and their special diets series.
Top Review by KateL
Perplexing. With the chocolate-hazelnut spread, this is a vary unusual lasagna taste combination, like a sweet mole, so that should be reflected in the title. I used a smaller pan (28 x 18 x 5 cm or 11x7 in), but I didn't have enough of either sauce to cover a layer. Consequently some of my top lasagna sheets were still quite brittle. This just didn't work for me. I am not sure how I would correct this recipe; I would be interested to hear from I'mPat about her experience with it. Made for Please Review My Recipe tag game.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion (large finely chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 tablespoons oregano (fresh leaves chopped)
- 500 g ground beef (mince)
- 5 anchovies (chopped optional)
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2 (400 g) tomatoes (diced Italian)
- 50 g chocolate hazelnut spread (Nuttelex spread specified)
- 1⁄4 cup plain flour
- 2 cups soymilk
- 125 g soy cheese (1/2 cup grated)
- 150 g lasagna sheets
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a saucepan oven medium-high heat and add onion, garlic and oregano and cook for 5 minutes or until onion has softened and add mince and cook stirring with a wooden spoon to break up mince, for 5 minutes or until browned.
- Add anchovies (if using) and tomato paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute and then add wine and cook for 2 minutes or until reduced by half and then add tomato and bring to the boil and then reduce heat or medium and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until thickened.
- Preheat oven to 160C (180C fan forced.
- Grease a 5cm deep, 22cm 32Cm (base measurement) baking dish and melt spread in a saucepan over medium heat and add flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until bubbling and then gradually add milk, whisking for 2 minutes or until thick and the stir in 1/2 cup cheese until dissolved.
- Arrange 1/4 lasagne sheets over base of prepared baking dish, breaking to fit and then spoon 1/4 mince mixture over lasagne sheets and then spoon over 1/2 cup of white sauce and then repeat layers 3 times, finishing with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until golden and pasta tender and let stand for 10 minutes before serving.