Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
I've tried to find prepared Gnocchi made without dairy products but couldn't find any. I ended up coming up with my own recipe and I think it ended up turning out great. The Gnocchi cooked up perfectly, very lite and surprisingly tasted cheesy. It's a fair bit of work but the final product was worth the effort. We served ours with Primo Spaghetti Sauce.
- 1. Boil potato and mash, then set aside until slightly cooled.
- 2. In a mixing bowl combine mashed potatoes with salt and eggs and mix until creamy.
- 3. Add oil and the non dairy cream cheese, non dairy sour cream and the non dairy cheese. Mix until just blended.
- 4. Add flour and continue mixing until just blended.
- 5. Move mixture to counter and kneed until smooth. (I like to put parchment paper down and kneed it on there).
- 6. Shape dough to a rectangle shape, about 1/2 inch thick. Cut into 1/2 strips lengthwise. Roll each strip with your hands just slightly. Cut into about 1/2 " to 1 " pieces.
- 7. For each piece make an impression with your thumb, then lightly dust with flour. Turn over and lightly dust with flour. (This recipe makes about 100 gnocchi and we found that 1/3 of the recipe was more than enough for 2 of us. I flash froze the remaining pieces, laying them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment, and placing them in the freezer for about 30 minutes. When they felt like they were hardening I placed them into two freezer bags for later use and put them back in the freezer.).
- 8. Drop the pieces into boiling salted water and cook until they begin to rise to the top of the surface.
- 9. Drain and serve with plain spaghetti sauce, pesto, a non-dairy alfredo sauce or whatever you'd like.