Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Now Eggs Benedict is still a possibility for those unable to have dairy. I used to use the Knorr package of Hollandaise Sauce but unfortunately it has dairy in it, so decided to come up with my own version. I think the taste is quite similar, and it makes more than enough sauce for two servings of Eggs Benedict. Also would be so good to serve with fish or on vegetables.
- 1. Using a double broiler, add all the ingredients except for the dairy free margarine. And whisk until well blended.
- 2. Cook on medium heat until it starts to thicken, making sure to stir or whisk often.
- 3. When it reaches a thickened consistency, remove from heat and stir in dairy free margarine. It's important to add the dairy free margarine last, making sure to add it as is instead of melting it first, otherwise the sauce may curdle.
- 4. I found that the sauce should be placed back on the double broiler on simmer until your eggs benedict, fish, or vegetables are ready for it, otherwise it cools down too quickly. Continue to stir often.
- If serving on Eggs Benedict, always nice to sprinkle a tiny bit of paprika on top of the sauce for added colour and taste.