Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Posted in response to request for dairy free/gluten free bread. This bread has the texture of a cornbread. It is more suitable for a snack or breakfast bread as it does not hold together for sandwiches. It has a mild flavor that is suitable topped with honey. It keeps for only a few days.
- 1 1⁄2 cups millet flour
- 1⁄2 cup soy flour
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil or 1⁄4 cup other cooking oil
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Grease one 9" x 5" loaf pan.
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Pour in cooking oil, honey, and water.
- Stir completely until mix is thick and moist.
- Spoon batter into loaf pan.
- Bake 45 minutes to 1 hour or until tester comes out clean.
- *Variations:Substitute 1 cup Orange Juice for Water.
This did not taste good.
This bread was easy to make. It had a natural sweetness like cornbread. When I looked at the ingredients list I couldn't believe xanthan gum wasn't listed. I almost added it but decided to to follow the recipe exactly for the first time. It was a crumbly mess. I will make this bread again but will definitely add xanthan gum.