Recipe by Kree
A great holiday cake from Imagine Foods!
Top Review by Jenny Sanders
A nice cake with a bit of zip! This is not too sweet, just right. I used all whole wheat pastry flour for a healthy treat that was very well received by all gingerbread lovers present. I couldn't find my square pan, so I used a 9" round pan, which was fine.
- 1 cup unbleached flour
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄8 teaspoon allspice
- 2⁄3 cup soymilk
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1⁄3 cup molasses
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons ginger (fresh minced)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly oil a 9-inch square baking pan.
- In a large bowl, sift together both types of flour, baking powder, ground ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, cloves, and allspice, and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk until blended.
- Pour the mixture into baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before serving.
- Serve with a scoop of soy ice cream!