Recipe by Elisa #4
Surprisingly very good and very easy! It takes just minutes to whip up in the pan. It also takes minutes to disappear!
Top Review by llupo13
My kids are gluten free in addition to vegan. I used Bob's Red Mill all purpose baking flour and xanthan gum as suggested with the flour. I make this cake for all my kids birthdays now.
- 1 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar (or packed brown sugar)
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil (not olive)
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla (or coffee powder)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Mix flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt with fork in an ungreased square pan. (Add the coffee powder here if you've opted for that flavor.).
- Mix in remaining ingredients. Bake 20-25 minutes (but I don't mind it if it's still a bit moist in the middle).
- Either top with powdered sugar for a snacking cake or melt bittersweet chocolate with a bit of honey to make a fancy glaze.