My Mother In-Law taught me how to make this for my daughter who is on a GF/DF diet. She came up with this recipe herself! It was very easy and the pie held up very well. I used the "Silk" brand Chocolate Soy milk and I even had a piece of it and it was so delicious! We doubled the recipe to make two pies, as my Brother In-Law is lactose intolerent as well. We also used the nabisco brand chocolate and shortbread ready to use pie crusts, so it was very easy! *Note* When I wrote out the ingredients, I mistakenly put the instant pudding mix, but this recipe uses the Cook and Serve pudding mix. Also as another note, the chocolate pie filling is Gluten Free, but the pie shell was not, so if you want to keep it gluten free, you'll want to probably make your own from other recipes that you may know of, as I don't know of one right now. *Update* I had this recipe named gluten free and sugar free in the title of the recipe but seeing that chocolate soymilk has sugar and that the pie crust does include gluten flour, I have changed the name to just Dairy Free Chocolate pie. Hope this doesn't confuse anyone! Enjoy!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium size saucepan, pour the cold chocolate soy milk into the pan. Do not turn on the stove yet, but add two packets, or about 4 tbsp, of the plain gelatin and stir. Allow it to sit in the cold milk for about 5 minutes or so.
- 2Turn on the stove to Med/High and add chocolate pudding mix.
- 3Stir well and stir constantly with a wire whisk, which should take about 7 minutes or so.
- 4When the pudding mixture comes just to a boil, pour the pudding into the ready pie crust. If there is any pudding left in the pan, pour into a small dish, and someone can have some pudding!
- 5Cover the pie the some saran wrap. This will help because there will be a "film" that will adhere to the top of the pie if not, so this keeps the pie fresh.
- 6Allow the pie to completly cool, which should take at about 3 hours or so. Chill for at least 2 hours. Serve Chilled with whipped cream!
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dairy Free Chocolate Cream Pie
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 152.0
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 149.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 2.7 g