Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
A great cheesecake - without the dairy. Heaven for the lactose intolerant.
- 1 graham cracker pie crust
- 2 (8 ounce) containers tofutti better-than-cream-cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix all ingredients (except shell) in a food processor until well blended.
- Put mixture in pie shell.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes.
I made this for my mom who is lactose intolerant, not only was it a big hit for her, but everyone else loved it too and asked that I make it more often! One comment of praise come from my step dad who normally shuns anything tofu related! It was delicious and easy to make! I topped ours off with cherries. =)
Excellent recipe, tastes great, awesome texture, it's my go-to dairy-free cheesecake recipe.
It looks like cheesecake but it doesn't taste at all like cheese cake. It is more like a bread pudding or a custard. It is not very sweet so you'll want a very sweet topping. I nor my guests were not impressed by this recipe. I ended up throwing most of it away. I won't make this again.