Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This is a yummy carrot cake whether you can eat dairy or not - my personal favorite!!!
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup cooking oil
- 4 eggs, separated
- 5 tablespoons hot water
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon clove
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, raw, grated
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- In large bowl, combine sugar and cooking oil. Beat in egg yolks; add water and beat well.
- Sift together dry ingredients and add to egg mixture. Fold in carrots and nuts. Beat egg whites till stiff and fold into mixture.
- Bake in a greased and floured 10 or 12 cup Bundt Pan at 350 for 60-70 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Cool in pan 10-15 minutes; turn out on wire rack or serving plate to complete cooling. Top with vanilla or cream cheese glaze or frosting (Wal-Mart has a dairy-free white frosting that works great!).