Recipe by Kree
A delicious alternative to milk-based hot cocoa!
Top Review by love4culinary
Its so nice to find recipes using soy milk instead of cows milk. I recently switched to soy milk, and havent really figured out ways to play around with it. You cant make drinks with the same measurements as you do with regular milk...sometimes it takes less sweetner when using vanilla, sometimes more with plain... and I find that soy milk takes on flavors a lot faster (with less ingredients) than cows milk. For this drink I had to use less sugar than suggested because I found that the vanilla soy milk was already quite sweet. If I added two Tablespoons of sugar I would have found it to be way too sweet :-) The cocoa was wonderful...!! Thanks :-) cant wait to try your other soymilk drinks!
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour the soy milk into a microwaveable mug and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Add the cocoa powder and sugar and stir well to combine.
- Note: If using plain soy or rice milk, you can add 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- I've also added almond extract with wonderful results.
- The amounts can be tweaked depending on how chocolatey you like your cocoa!