Recipe by aerobicon
This is a pretty simple recipe. It's a pretty small batch, so you may want to double it. The recipe needs no dairy-free cheese, but feel free to add some or sprinkle on top.
Top Review by Arundo
So, I have a dairy allergy, and thus am always looking for substitute foods. Thank you for this attempt, but you have to fix a few things. The nutritional yeast should be 3 tsp not 3 tbsp (it would be solid powder if you did tablespoons). Should have a little bit more soy milk (and make sure you don't use vanilla soy milk, gives it a weird flavor). I highly suggest pairing this with sausage (hot Italian) to cover up any differences you may have if you have had Alfredo (with milk) before. We added soy Parmesan cheese and onion to give this more flavor.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 3⁄4 cup plain soymilk
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 3 -4 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- black pepper
- 1 pinch nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add minced garlic and lightly saute just until fragrant.
- Stir in the flour and stir for about one minute. This will be thick.
- Slowly pour in the milk.
- Add salt, pepper, oregano and nutmeg.Stir until creamy and thick.
- Turn off the heat and stir in nutritional yeast.
- Serve over your choice of pasta.