Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
Another adopted recipe. Will try and make changes very soon if needed :) until then, please try at your own risk lol :)
- 1⁄2 cup water, cold
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- 1 lemon, rind of
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 lime, rind of
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons light rum
- Put water in a pan.
- Sprinkle gelatin on top; let stand at least 5 minutes.
- Beat egg yolks and sugar together until pale and fluffy.
- Add lime and lemon rind; mix to blend.
- Cook gelatin mixture over low heat until dissolved.
- Add egg yolk mixture; cook gently, stirring constantly, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Don't let mixture boil or it may curdle.
- Remove from heat; stir in rum, lemon and lime juices.
- Cool until just beginning to gel.
- This can be hastened by setting bowl on bed of ice.
- Stir occasionally to prevent jelly forming.
- Whisk cream in bowl until soft peaks form.
- Fold whipped cream and beaten egg whites into gelatin mixture.
- Pour into prepared dish.
- Decorate with whipped cream, violets, and lime slices.