Sweet and fragrant, this is for the daiquiri lovers out there!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1/2 cup unsalted chicken stock
- 1/4 cup red currant jelly
- 3 tablespoons Bacardi 151 rum
- 1/2 cup hulled and quartered strawberry
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sweet Thai basil
- cooked jasmine rice
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Place the chicken breasts in a large Ziploc bag and lightly pound to flatten to about 1/2-inch.
- 3Combine the flour, salt, and pepper; dredge the breasts in the mixture.
- 4Melt together the butter and oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and brown the chicken on both sides; transfer to an oven-proof dish and finish cooking in the oven (about 15-18 minutes).
- 5Meanwhile, add the shallots to the skillet and sauté for 1 minute.
- 6Add the chicken broth and deglaze the skillet.
- 7Add the red currant jelly, quartered strawberries, and chopped basil and reduce to half; add the rum and flame it.
- 8Then return the fully-cooked chicken to the skillet and simmer for 3 minutes.
- 9Serve breasts with sauce over fragrant cooked jasmine rice.
- 10Makes 2 servings.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Daiquiri Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (328 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 538.8
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 98.9 mg
- Sodium 482.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 23.4 g
- Protein 30.9 g