Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Sweet and fragrant, this is for the daiquiri lovers out there!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup red currant jelly
- 3 tablespoons Bacardi 151 rum
- 1⁄2 cup hulled and quartered strawberry
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sweet Thai basil
- cooked jasmine rice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the chicken breasts in a large Ziploc bag and lightly pound to flatten to about 1/2-inch.
- Combine the flour, salt, and pepper; dredge the breasts in the mixture.
- Melt together the butter and oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and brown the chicken on both sides; transfer to an oven-proof dish and finish cooking in the oven (about 15-18 minutes).
- Meanwhile, add the shallots to the skillet and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken broth and deglaze the skillet.
- Add the red currant jelly, quartered strawberries, and chopped basil and reduce to half; add the rum and flame it.
- Then return the fully-cooked chicken to the skillet and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Serve breasts with sauce over fragrant cooked jasmine rice.
- Makes 2 servings.