Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
Adapted from The Texas Cookbook and printed in the Dallas Morning News. A change from the usual Rum Balls. Time does not include chilling overnight.
- 1 (6 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate bits
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 lb vanilla wafer
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar, plus more
- confectioners' sugar, for rolling
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons white corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup rum
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- Melt chocolate over hot water. Cool. Add sour cream; mix and refrigerate overnight.
- Form into 54 balls, using 1/2 teaspoon mixture chocolate mixture for each.
- Crush wafers, add 1 cup confectioners's sugar, salt, cocoa and fruit zests. Blend in lemon juice, syrup, rum and pecans.
- Form balls the size of walnuts around chocolate centers. Roll in confectioners' sugar.
- Store in air-tight containers. Freeze.