Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
Decadent little morsels of fruit-filled pastry, these cookies are a bit tedious but worth it.
- 4 1⁄2 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- fruit preserves, for filling
- powdered sugar
- Cream butter and cream cheese.
- Mix in flour until well blended. Chill dough before rolling.
- Roll out dough to 1/8" thickness on lightly floured surface.
- Cut into 2-inch rounds.
- Spoon a small amount of preserves onto center of circle and fold two sides of circle towards middle, overlapping edges in center (bottom should form a point and top should be open to reveal filling).
- Place on baking sheet and bake at 375° F for about 15 minutes, but do not overbake.
- Cool cookies and drench entire cookie in powdered sugar.
Made these for Christmas. I used good rasberry preserves. I chilled the dough before rolling as it was a little softer than I'm comfortable working with. These were just wonderful. Dissapeared fast. I'll be making them again. These are really like tiny empanadas. I'm tempted to try them filled with lightly sweetened yam and pineapple. Thanks for a great recipe. Dang they're good!
These are wonderful. I've been looking for a recipe that the north end bakeries use and this is it. I used lemon filling and rasberry. The rasberry runs a little so you need to use less. These are time consuming and little tougher to make but well worth it.
While these are not the fastest, easiest treat I've ever made, they are certainly worth the effort. Definitely chill the dough before using. I roll it out into a large rectangle, cut into squares, dot with raspberry jam, and then fold over the top corner to the bottom opposite corner of each square (making a triangle). I like to dust the counter with powdered sugar (instead of flour) before rolling out, and then sprinkle liberally with powdered sugar after they've cooled. With those changes, it's definitely a 5 star recipe. With the big CHRISTmas baking day we had, these were - by far -- the favorites!