Pellam 123's Note:
I obtained this recipe from my Naturopathic Doctor. I adjusted her recipe to my own tastes and arrived at this tasty, filling and healthy smoothie.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon flax seed oil (keep refrigerated or in the freezer or it's healthful powers are eliminated)
- 1 banana, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup berries or 1/2 cup fruit (frozen makes a good summer drink)
- 1 teaspoon spirulina (powder form from health food stores)
- 2 -4 tablespoons soy protein powder or 2 -4 tablespoons rice protein powder or 1/2 cup silken tofu
- 1Put liquid ingredients into the blender.
- 2Start the blender with the lid on (cuts down on spraying).
- 3Remove the lid and add the Banana, Fruit, Spirulina powder AND/OR the protein powder or silken tofu.
- 4The drink will become'green' in colour because of the Spirulina.
- 5Drink it anyway and you will be pleasantly surprised and more healthy!
- 6(If you find it too 'tart', add non-caloric sweetener to taste)
Browse Our Top Smoothies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Daily Energy Protein Smoothie
Serving Size: 1 (184 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 122.9
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 2.4 mg
- Sodium 73.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 5.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: