Recipe by Pellam 123
I obtained this recipe from my Naturopathic Doctor. I adjusted her recipe to my own tastes and arrived at this tasty, filling and healthy smoothie.
Top Review by Chef RZ Fan
Really good... I used the Whole Foods brand soy protein which has the Spirulina in it. I also take two tablespoons of flax a day and put them both in this with the frozen fruit. It was dee-lish and healthy too.Thanks for sharing !
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon flax seed oil (keep refrigerated or in the freezer or it's healthful powers are eliminated)
- 1 banana, cut into chunks
- 1⁄2 cup berries or 1⁄2 cup fruit (frozen makes a good summer drink)
- 1 teaspoon spirulina (powder form from health food stores)
- 2 -4 tablespoons soy protein powder or 2 -4 tablespoons rice protein powder or 1⁄2 cup silken tofu
Directions See How It's Made
- Put liquid ingredients into the blender.
- Start the blender with the lid on (cuts down on spraying).
- Remove the lid and add the Banana, Fruit, Spirulina powder AND/OR the protein powder or silken tofu.
- The drink will become'green' in colour because of the Spirulina.
- Drink it anyway and you will be pleasantly surprised and more healthy!
- (If you find it too 'tart', add non-caloric sweetener to taste)