1/1 Photo of Daikon Radish Stuffed Flatbread/Mooli Paratha
Delicious stuffed parathas make a wonderful heavy breakfastor brunch. These are good make aheads which you can wrap in some foil wrap and take to a picnic.Good to eat in the car as well no mess. Rather than drink soda or juice with this, you can have lassi which is yogurt thinned with water or milk(blend them well to make thickish smoothie type mix) to which you add sugar or honey to taste. Totally delish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups wheat flour, add to this
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon jeera powder (cuminseed)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- water, from the grated radish,for kneading the dough (will be explained below)
- 1 medium diakon radish, grated (after grating squeeze out the water/juice, use it for kneading dough)
- 1/2 ajwain (available from indian stores) (optional)
- 1/4 turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon jeera powder
- 1/2 onion, grated,juice squeezed out discard this
- 1/4 chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- oil (for frying)
- 1Make up the dough using the water (as much as you need from the radish) Discard any left over water.
- 2Leave the dough covered in a warm place to rest for half an hour.
- 3Add salt to the grated radish.
- 4After 15 mins squeeze out more water and discard this.
- 5Then to the dry grated radish add the rest of the filling mix.
- 6now make small balls of the dough a little bigger than an egg.
- 7Flatten them out, dip in dry flour and roll them out using a rolling pin to a teacup saucer size.
- 8Make smaller balls of the filling mix about the size of an egg yolk and place each filling ball in the center of the dough soucer.
- 9Gather the rest of the dough around it so that the dough complety covers the filling.
- 10Dip it in dry flour and roll it out again theis time bigger than a saucer.
- 11Heat a tsp of oil in the frying pan.
- 12Add the bread and shallow fry on each side until brown spots appear.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Daikon Radish Stuffed Flatbread/Mooli Paratha
Serving Size: 1 (82 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 272.5
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 8.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 8.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: