Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A fruit and veggie salad with a bit of a tangy gingery bite. Nice mix of sweet, sour and hot.
Make and share this Daikon Mango Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 4.92 ml grated gingerroot, with juice
- 59.14 ml rice vinegar
- 9.85 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml jalapeno, minced
- 0.59 ml red pepper powder or 0.59 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 236.59 ml cucumber, seeded and sliced
- 236.59 ml daikon radish, shredded
- 236.59 ml mango, cubed
- 59.14 ml fresh parsley or 59.14 ml red leaf lettuce, chopped
- 29.58 ml toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- Whisk vinaigrette ingredients.
- If desired you can seed the cucumber. I didn't. Thinly slice cucumber into half-moons; add to vinaigrette. Add daikon cut into thin strips. Add the mango, cubed.
- Before serving, snip parsley into salad—the leaves retain their shape and won’t deteriorate too fast.
- Gently toss salad together. Divide salad among 4–6 small salad plates. Note: I served on a bed of red leaf lettuce. Looked beautiful with the white, light green,and yellow of the salad.
- Garnish salads with toasted sesame seeds.
I found that the daikon, vinegar, and ginger over powered the cucumber and even the mango. I think I would use more mango next time. I might try this again with different ratios.
A bit spicy, but not too much for most; rave reviews from guests. Relatively easy to make. Chopping and grating takes up the most time. I did not remove seeds from cucumber and it was great.
This was such a unique mixture of ingredients, which all blended together really well. The Daikon was a bit hot for me, as it usually is; I expected that. If you like that hot radish taste, you will love this salad!!