Recipe by drhousespcatcher
A fruit and veggie salad with a bit of a tangy gingery bite. Nice mix of sweet, sour and hot.
Top Review by partysweets
I found that the daikon, vinegar, and ginger over powered the cucumber and even the mango. I think I would use more mango next time. I might try this again with different ratios.
- 1 teaspoon grated gingerroot, with juice
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper powder or 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup cucumber, seeded and sliced
- 1 cup daikon radish, shredded
- 1 cup mango, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley or 1⁄4 cup red leaf lettuce, chopped
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk vinaigrette ingredients.
- If desired you can seed the cucumber. I didn't. Thinly slice cucumber into half-moons; add to vinaigrette. Add daikon cut into thin strips. Add the mango, cubed.
- Before serving, snip parsley into salad—the leaves retain their shape and won’t deteriorate too fast.
- Gently toss salad together. Divide salad among 4–6 small salad plates. Note: I served on a bed of red leaf lettuce. Looked beautiful with the white, light green,and yellow of the salad.
- Garnish salads with toasted sesame seeds.