Chef #208121's Note:
A fruit and veggie salad with a bit of a tangy gingery bite. Nice mix of sweet, sour and hot.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon grated gingerroot, with juice
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper powder or 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup cucumber, seeded and sliced
- 1 cup daikon radish, shredded
- 1 cup mango, cubed
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley or 1/4 cup red leaf lettuce, chopped
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- 1Whisk vinaigrette ingredients.
- 2If desired you can seed the cucumber. I didn't. Thinly slice cucumber into half-moons; add to vinaigrette. Add daikon cut into thin strips. Add the mango, cubed.
- 3Before serving, snip parsley into salad—the leaves retain their shape and won’t deteriorate too fast.
- 4Gently toss salad together. Divide salad among 4–6 small salad plates. Note: I served on a bed of red leaf lettuce. Looked beautiful with the white, light green,and yellow of the salad.
- 5Garnish salads with toasted sesame seeds.
Browse Our Top Mango Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Daikon Mango Salad
Serving Size: 1 (58 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 40.9
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 0.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: