Recipe by BirdyBaker
This is a recipe for Japanese Daifuku Cake. Daifuku is a soft Japanese mochi cake that is filled with a sweet bean filling. The recipe seems to be long but it is really easy and so worth it. You will be rewarded with a delicious Japanese treat!
Directions See How It's Made
- For The Anko Filling:.
- Place 4 cups of water in a pan and add the azuki beans to the water.
- Place on high heat and bring to a boil.
- Remove from stove when mixture starts boiling and drain the water.
- Place 6 cups of water in the pan with the azuki beans.
- Place on low heat and simmer for about an hours until the azuki beans are softened.
- Remove excess water and add sugar.
- Stir on low heat for a few minutes just until it thickens.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- For The Dough:.
- Place rice flour, sugar and water in a pan.
- Place on low heat and stir constantly until dough thickens.Place the dough on a floured surface and divide into 12 pieces.
- Press the pieces into rounds.
- Place a TBSP of anko in the center of each dough round and stretch the dough to enclose the anko.
- Shape into a ball.