I love anything with coconut milk in it! This looks yummy, when I try it, I will use light coconut milk though. Serve with naan bread for dipping.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 1⁄4 lbs canned chopped tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup red lentil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 1⁄2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 1⁄4 cups coconut milk
- salt and pepper
- cilantro, chopped, to garnish
- Cook onion and garlic in butter for 2-3 minutes. Add all spices and cook for 30 more seconds.
- Stir in tomatoes, red lentils, lemon juice, stock and coconut milk. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 25-30 minutes, or until lentils are tender and cooked.
- Season to taste, garnish with cilantro.