Prep 2 hrs
Cook 40 mins
Dahi Baray Sort of Pakooras served in yogurt.Dahi baray or Baray can just as easily be a main dish on a hot day as it can be ...
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon asafetida powder (Heeng)
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste (Adrak)
- 150 g urad lentils (maash dhuli (white)
- oil (for frying)
- 250 g low-fat plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon low calorie sweetener
- chat masala
- Grind the4-5 hours presoaked dal into a paste and add baking soda,asafetida,ginger and salt. Mix well and leave for 30 minutes.
- Then in a frying pan add 1 tbs. of oil and with the help of a spoon drop into the pan flat rounded patties and shallow fry till light brown. DO NOT TURN OVER TO FRY OTHER SIDE.
- Meanwhile heat oil for deep frying and then deep fry. When golden brown remove and cool. When serving, soak in a bowl of water and when a little soft squeeze out the water between palms and add to prepared yogurt. YOGURT: Beat the yogurt adding a little water to a paste. Add salt, red chili powder ,zeera powder. and sugar Garnish with sweet Imli Chutney and Chat Masala.