Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Found this on the 'net somewhere.
Make and share this Dagwood's Pork Sandwich recipe from Food.com.
- 2 Italian rolls, 8-inch sliced in half lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- 2 firm tomatoes, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into thin rings
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Use 2 tablespoons of the butter or margarine to spread on the rolls; place each halved roll in 12-inch square of foil, folding edges up around the roll.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon butter or margarine in skillet. Sauté pork, onion, garlic, and celery until golden. Drain off fat.
- Add sour cream, dill weed, salt, and hot pepper sauce; taste and add additional seasoning as desired. Spread mixture on roll halves.
- Place slices of tomato and green pepper on top of meat and sprinkle with cheese. Do not close foil. Bake in preheated 375° F oven for 15 to 20 minutes, until heated through and cheese has melted.