Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a cute name for these if you remember Dagwood's sandwiches from the Blondie cartoons! This Gooseberry Patch recipe includes lots of flavours for a great burger. Enjoy!
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 lb italian ground pork sausage
- 2 cups dry breadcrumbs
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1⁄3 ounces onion soup mix
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno pepper, diced
- salt and pepper
- 12 -15 hamburger buns, split
- Mix all ingredients except salt, pepper and buns in a very large bowl. Form into 12 to 15 patties; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place on a charcoal grill or in a skillet over medium heat. Cook burgers to desired doneness.
- Serve on buns, garnished as desired.
These are delicious! They are similar to great meatloaf only patty size cooked on the grill. We like them so much we are making them for a big cookout we are hosting this week!