Prep 10 mins
Cook 32 mins
This recipe came from my grandma. At some point, I got into the habit of making it each spring to celebrate the first blooming daffodils - something worth celebrating, to my mind, after long snowy winters. And this light, creamy, lemony, slightly tropical concoction always seemed the perfect harbinger of spring.
- 18 ounces lemon cake mix, made according to package directions with
- 1 1⁄3 cups water, as per cake mix directions
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil, as per cake mix directions
- 3 eggs, as per cake mix directions
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant lemon pudding
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip Topping
- shredded coconut (optional)
- Bake a Lemon Cake mix (Betty Crocker) according to package directions. Use a greased and floured 9x13 inch pan.
- Ten minutes after removing from the oven, poke holes all over the cake with the handle of a wooden spoon.
- Pour crushed pineapple with juice over the cake in the pan.
- Fold 1 package lemon instant pudding into 1 1/2 cups milk.
- Fold this into 1 small carton Cool Whip.
- Spread over cake.
- Top with coconut! (optional).