Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
A great cake for a spring party
- 10 egg whites
- 7 ml cream of tartar
- 5 ml vanilla
- 2 ml salt
- 375 ml sugar
- 300 ml cake flour, sifted
- 4 egg yolks
- 25 ml sugar
- 25 ml orange juice, fresh
- 5 ml orange rind, grated
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In large mixing bowl, beat egg white with cream of tartar, vanilla, and salt untill soft peaks form. Add 250 ml sugar, 25 ml at a time to the egg whites untill they hold stiff peaks.
- Combine flour, and 125 ml sugar. Fold into Egg whites.
- In small mxing bowl, beat egg yolks 25 ml sugar, orange rind and juice, untill thik.
- Fold 1/3 egg white batter into the egg yolk mixture.
- Spoon mixture into 4L cake pan, alternating between yellow and white batter. Gently run a knife through the batter in the pan to create a marbled affect.
- Bake for 35 minutes or untill cake springs back when touched lightly.
- Invert cake on wire rack to cool.
- Serve with Orange Fluff Sauce.